Student funds and loans are meant for pupils that are learning at e.g. college university, college or college that is vocational. If you’re avove the age of 20, you can even make an application for pupil funds and loans for studies at compulsory and top additional level at Komvux (adult training university) or people senior high school.
dining dining Table of articles
- Information because of the Corona virus
- Size of funds and loans you’ll get
- Needs and conditions
- Application, research assurance and repayment
- Offer notification in the event that you become sick or if any such thing modifications
- Repaying the education loan
- Appealing against a choice by CSN
Pupil funds and loans for studies in Sweden
Playtime: 03:47, English message
The loan you need to pay off. You are able to elect to use entirely for the grant, if you don’t wish to simply take a loan out. The loan features a low-value interest and will not need any protection, and you’re in a position to settle it more than a any period of time. In 2020, the interest rate is 0.16 %.
Information as a result of Corona virus
Read more about how precisely the Corona virus affect the pupil funds and loans from CSN.
Size of funds and loans it is possible to receive
exactly just How big is the funds and figuratively speaking you can https://www.speedyloan.net/uk/payday-loans-esx receive depends e.g. on
- your rate of research (full-time or part-time)
- the amount of days you’re learning for
- how big is your revenue.
|1 week, SEK||4 months, SEK||20 weeks, SEK|
|Grant||823||3 292||16 460|
|Student loan||1 892||7 568||37 840|
|Total||2 715||10 860||54 300|
Other funds and loans you could make an application for
Some pupils can get more grants or borrow more income.
- You can apply for extra child allowance if you have custody of children under the age of 18.
- When you yourself have worked within the past and received a particular minimal earnings, you’ll make application for a additional loan. You’ll get this as of the you turn 25 year.
- If you are their studies at compulsory or top additional degree and satisfy particular conditions, you may possibly receive a heightened grant aspect in your pupil help. It is possible to get this if you should be learning on a complementary academic programme leading up to a subject teacherвЂ™s degree. Whenever you submit an application for pupil funds and loans, CSN checks whether you’re eligible to the increased grant, which means you don’t need to make an application for it.
- When you yourself have extra expenses related to your studies, it is possible to in a few situations submit an application for an extra loan. For instance, you may have charges for dual housing or even for particular trips.
In case your earnings surpasses the earnings restriction
The earnings limitation temporarily removed during 2020
Because of the Corona crisis the income restriction is temporarily eliminated during 2020, in the event that you learn with pupil funds and loans ( studiemedel ). Which means your income during 2020 will maybe perhaps not influence exactly just exactly how student that is much and loans you’ll get.
You could get earnings up to specific amount without your pupil funds and loans being impacted. The earnings limitation is determined per calendar half-year, January-June or July-December. In the event your earnings exceeds the income restriction, you aren’t entitled to the exact same degree of funds and loans.
The earnings limitation varies according to how weeks you might be learning for and whether you’re learning full-time or part-time. The income limit is SEK 90 075 for example, if you are going to studying full-time with student grants and loans for 20 weeks in a calendar half-year. You is able to see your earnings limitation in the choice you obtain from CSN.
Demands and conditions
Different needs and conditions must certanly be pleased to allow one to be entitled to student aid.
- The training you shall be attending must give the entitlement to pupil finance.
- You really must be registered in your courses.
- Your studies should be at the very minimum 50 % of full-time and must endure for at the very minimum three days.
- You should be below the age of 57. The entitlement to borrow decreases from the 12 months you turn 47.
- you’ll maybe not get particular other advantages at the exact same time as getting pupil funds and loans, such as for example task help, sickness advantage and introduction advantage.
- You are able to just get pupil grants and loans for the restricted period of time. How long is determined by the scholarly training degree that you’re learning:
- University university, college or various other post-secondary training: a optimum of 240 days
- Upper level that is secondary an optimum of 80 or 120 months, according to your past training
- Compulsory college degree: at the most 40, 80 or 100 months, dependent on your education that is previous and you are studying.
- When you have formerly examined with pupil funds and loans or an training entry grant, you need to have pleased what’s needed in regards to credits to be able to get brand new student funds and loans. The needs credits that are regarding dependent on which program you’re learning.
- When you yourself have unpaid yearly costs or needs for longer than one duration, you might not get pupil grants and loan. Contact CSN to find out more.
- If you’re going to learn abroad, unique rules use.
Additional stipulations for international residents
You also need to satisfy special conditions in order to be entitled to Swedish student finance if you are a foreign citizen. You will usually be entitled to Swedish student finance if you have a permanent residence permit and live in Sweden.
For those who have gotten a temporary residence license through the Swedish Migration Agency since you have refugee status or comparable, you’re additionally often entitled to Swedish pupil finance.
In addition, various rules apply according to whether you’re a resident of the country within or outside of the EU/EEA or Switzerland.